This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

ONE BIG MOUSE

somethingth of January 2011
A big mouse moves house.
A blog post about this painting.

Mice are nice. Return of the green doodle. What a messy doodle page. I drew around it in white because otherwise it would be almost impossible to find. Doodle camouflage.

I took the doodle into a bigger sketch which I used to plan out the picture and also to test little painty bits. This was then traced onto watercolour paper. Mainly for the purpose of having a clean drawing to work on. Apparently rubbing out can affect the tone of the watercolour. Don't know? Its not been a problem for me.

This is the original scan of the final drawing. I did quite a bit of tweaking in photoshop. Is that cheating? Well it certainly sorted out some issues. That's the end. Thank you. You may leave now.

No comments:

Post a Comment