This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

NIGHT


9th of February 2011

A couple of illustrations and night.
Click for rough drawings and elephants.


These compositions started life from this lovely square that I found in Andrew Loomis's Creative Illustration book. Wow,  box with squiggles, not wildly exciting. But it is a really useful way to start off a drawing. Composition is not something that comes easily to me so this was one way of helping to get over this hurdle and I think the drawings turned out well.
Here are the rough drawings. No green doodle this time. I used biro so I was able to do more detailed sketches. 


 Here is the rough drawing I used for the picture above the cut. I finished it in ink because it was quite simple and I wanted to do it a different way.


Here is my first lame attempt at colouring the elephant composition. The sky turned out so crusty that I ended up just using it to test out colours.
 
Here is the final composition, it looks a bit like they are underwater, I think I need to buy some masking fluid.
Anyway that's it for now. I have one more night composition to come that I will post some time next week.. Probably. Anyway until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment