This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

CHARACTER DESIGN

 15th April 2011


 
A post of character design.
More characters below.
 


At the moment I have loads of character design that I want to colour. This is the first batch but there will probably be a lot more later. Its sitting on my computer waiting, but its so difficult not to want to do other things. What to do.
Anyway, these are quite roughly painted which I think works alright. The shadows and highlights were painted in black and white on a layer set to Overlay, which I think speeds the process up and looks nice and natural.
Next I want to do more full compositions but I may end up posting characters next because I still have quite a few. I am trying to focus on more interesting poses, but its tricky. Once the characters I've already drawn are coloured, that may be what I'll be posting next, But that's probably a long way off.

So that's all for today. PS. Do you like my April orangeman? He is fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment