This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

TIGERS

28th May 2011

Click to see the process of this painting
and more Tigery drawings.
 

I have been doing some sketching of tigers and decided to paint a few of them. I haven't done painting in a while so I decided to use a more loose layered style.. and here's the process. 



From the sketch, I put the basic colours in roughly with a non-opaque textured brush. I added darker and lighter lines using an overlay blending mode, which I then blended in. I copied the whole image and blurred it and put it on the layer below. If that makes sense? And then I changed the colours using Curves and added some detail using a hard brush.


Difficult to explain. Hope it makes sense. Below are some more sketches they are quite rough so they are just on used paper. The first drawing is on the back of a still from orangeman. That was a while ago.


The drawings are all copied out of a book from the Library except the one below which was drawn from a magazine.


This is the other tiger sketch I painted. 

Here are some process pics. The process was basically just layers of different brush strokes. I tried to keep the gaps in the colour created from the texture of the brush and then put a darker colour on the layer below. This is most obvious on the wall behind the tiger.
And so another post comes to an end. Hope to write/draw again soon. See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment