This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

BIRD

20th of August 2011


bird bird. see the process of 
this illustration below


As promised here is one of those full illustrations I was talking about. Fairly random as per usual, let's get started.


I wanted to make a dramatic image and I thought it would be fun to do something at night so I started off with this pencil thumbnail which I scanned in to photoshop and blocked in the colours.


Because the greys were quite stark and it didn't seem dark enough I changed the colours at this stage and then worked in some more detail.


I added the car because I thought it made the composition more interesting and as it is a similar colour to the dark wall integrated the woman more into the image rather having it split so cleanly into two sections.


I added the details of bricks and shading on the buildings, I had to keep toning down the shading on the steps to stop them sticking out too much.


I didn't find the third man necessary so I started painting him out in preparation to crop the image and finished off shading the rest of the image


I smoothed out some of the shading to get to this stage and then cropped the image and altered the colours to get to the final illustration.


And that is what happened. And that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment