This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

CHARACTER DESIGN


13th August 2011


Character, characters, characters,
continue below to find some hikers and some dogs


These are some character designs I drew straight into photoshop, which I haven't done much before. It allowed me to focus on silhouettes at first and then work out the details after.

Started off with rabbits from an office. I have done this before but that's because I have a specific in character in mind for a script I started ages ago that is still half finished. The main characters is a stressed out rabbit who works in an office and his friend who is an idiot. So this is the rabbit character..


Next I drew some people hiking because it allowed me to have lots of different types of people and clothing but still keep one over-arching theme.
Finally I drew some dogs. I have sketched alot of dogs but never been very successful with character design. They all look quite realistic, despite starting off with weird shapes, it might be fun to do some more exaggerated dog designs. Something to think about.

Next I have a couple of digital illustrations I want to post, so see you then.
Toodles ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment