This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

FENCE

28th August 2011

fence woman see 
the process of this image below

This is a photoshop illustration I made for my portfolio. I wanted to create something with more focus on the background than the character. Although the image isn't overly complex it was fun to play with depth and perspective although the fenceposts were a bit confusing when they got really small.


This image started from a scanned pencil thumbnail, which I scanned in and blocked in the basic colours in photoshop.


The next part of the process consisted of mainly neatening edges, adding detail in blocks. Because I painted it all on one layer I added shading on seperate layers using masks for each colour. Then used curves to make the colours warmer to make the final illustration. If you want to see any of the steps bigger you can click on them.

That's all for today. See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment