This is the blog of Jessica Marcell, an animation graduate from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am
working hard on my design portfolio at the moment and hope to be able to show its progression right here.

WORKSHOP

10th of December 2011
Crazy lamp
See the process of this illustration below
 


Wow, I did this drawing ages ago but I put off, put off, put off, uploading it. Why? No particular reason. Anyway, I made this because I wanted to make a bit of a more smooth different textured illustration. I started with this sketch.


I scanned this sketch and (its not easy to see because my printer caught flu or something and started printing everything green) but I  took this sketch into photoshop and drew some straight lines over the sketch to make sure the perspective was a little more accurate and then turned down the opacity and printed it off (in mysterious green). And then redid the sketch in a bit more detail.


Then I did some flat colour sorting out the basic feel. I put the lines on the layer above which I hardly ever do, but its helpful if you have a more detailed sketch but makes it more difficult to switch things around so it helps if you're really happy with the sketch.


I then built up the tones


And a bit more


And then smoothed it out a little bit. After this image I changed the colour balance to get the final illustration. This looks a bit greeny so I think I mainly added magentas and reds but as I say, it was aaages ago so I don't really remember.


The end
Much more exciting blog post on the way.

1 comment:

  1. This illustration is excellent! I love that the violins have faces, arms and legs. Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete